It was stoffenspektakel again. This time in Ahoy Rotterdam.
I took the day off to go there. Happy as a little child I wandered through the many many stalls.Fabric fabric more fabric. I was in heaven. I walked passed all of them feeling the fabric, not buying anything yet. The was cheap fabric, there was very expensive fabric. There was gastly fabric, there was wonderful fabric and everything in between.
M joined me just after 2pm as she got back from her worktrip. I needed her. See I have this pattern I want to make but I saw so much fabric that would qualify. I just needed somebody to tell me again what was important for that dress. By that stage I had already bought two other fabrics.
Over the next two hours M used my wandering knowledge to quickly get to the good stalls with fabric she wanted. She even got fabric for a jacket she has been talking about for over a year now, driving us all bonkers. So I told her to please make the damn thing :-). She ended up with about 6 different fabrics. I ended up with 6 too. The slideshow will only show 5 as one is already sewn up (next post). For two others I have definite projects already. In one case I even bought the fabric to match the pattern that I have already cut out.
- Purple and black boiled wool (pattern cut out)
- Purple woolblend (pattern known)
- Two facing fleece – purple and pink
- Jersey with velvet mock burn (purple)
- Purple/grey/cream and bottle green stripe wool/poly blend (sewn up)
- red and cream fluffstuff with Norwegian print. (pattern to be published this week)