1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Silent Soul questions:
1. If you could have been born at any other time in history when would it have been?
The romantic in me says during the 100-year war in France, love books that are set in that time period. The start of decline of nobility and when people could just live off their land Well when the harvest wasn’t eaten by some fungus that is, or when they did not die from bubonic plague or something else horrendous. And really who wants to be in a war torn country :-)? So in reality I would choose late 19th century being born, living early then and early 20th century, when the grandeur of empires slowly declined and scientific knowledge and engineering was treated with respect and at its pinnacle. The social changes in that time and then stand side by side with Emily Pankhurst or somebody like her. Then again; Spanish flu, WWI, the great depression, not to mention that knowing what my family did in those days I would not have been one of the more privileged ones, more like a farmer or shopkeeper or even a servant. I’ll stick to this age I think. It is not so bad after all.
2. What’s your ultimate cheery-up thing to do when you’re down?
Humour, is a good one. Once I break into laugh it is over soon. When I am down due to illness play BBC – Colin Firth – Pride and Prejudice. An other one is sports, get them endorphins going followed by a hot bath and good sleep and cheery me is back.
3. If you’re life was turned into a movie who would you like to see playing the part of you?
Interesting question. of international stars maybe Reese Witherspoon, but she’s not short enough. SO would say Claudia de Breij.
4. If you could go back in your history and be any age again, which age would you chose and why?
My university days, because despite issues that were there they were such care free days
5. If your entire DVD collection was confiscated apart from one DVD which one would you chose to keep?
Hands off my BBC – Colin Firth – Pride and Prejudice! See earlier.
6. What 3 things would you take if you were banished to a desert island for the rest of your life?
Solar panel, computer with internet access (can be phone) and mastercard – most internet shops do delivery these days, so if you have power it is not deserted. And so the rest what I’d need I’d buy
7. What’s the best book you’ve read?
Not possible really. Depends on my mood. Of course LOTR is one, but also Pride and Prejudice, Emma But also Kruistocht in spijkerbroek by Thea Beckman, Joop ter Heul van Cissy van Marxveld. Foundation by Asimov etc etc. I can’t choose which one is the best. And with an e-reader I don’t have to.
8. If you were eaten by a shark would you expect someone to hunt the shark down?
No, why? The shark is hunting as is his natural instinct. Nature is not pretty, warm and fuzzy. Shark can’t help being a shark and having to eat.
9. If a genie offered you the choice of a million pounds or a guaranteed healthy and happy life, which would you take?
The latter. Money makes life easier but being happy and healthy makes life worth living.
10. What’s you’re favourite pudding?
11. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet (assuming you had as much space as you needed to keep it) what would you choose?
Space is not the issue, time is! Poor poor pet in my household, would suffer from Attention Deficit. But I am pretty main stream on those things. It would be a dog.
Now I am going to leave it at that, and not pass on the tagging, but this was a fun line of questioning 🙂