So all of a sudden there is this barrage of awards coming my way. This because the busload got sent to draliman and he passed the award to me. I am honoured.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website. –
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award. I guess this is then for the first part, dralimans post is in the fist line
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. draliman said: Well, this is 3 in 1 and it says “15 awards”, not “awards to 15 bloggers”, so… I think I will follow his example
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. That will be next I think
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself. Yes well I could repeat the ones here but that would be cheating
So I have to come up 7 new things; that is going to be hard really as so much is in this blog already;
- I started sewing because I could not find pants that fitted. I have hips and a waist, lethal combination in fashion. I hated going shopping and it was always a easy way to quash my self-esteem.
- I sometimes wish that I had had better maths teachers earlier in school. We had two teachers that were in their first year and really had trouble with the kids in the class. The result was that I lost my interest. I still got to get my MSc/tech degree, but part of me thinks it could have been a more fundamental one ….. if only. I still love my chosen degree though.
- I love love gadgets. I can marvel about the recent developments in tech and admire the people who develop these. People that are both creative and technical I really really admire. Yes the Steve Jobs’ of the world, making a vision reality.
- I do not consider myself to be sporty, this despite all the things SO and do in the weekend and how much we move around. To me that is not sports it is just fun, stress relief and being busy in a fun way. I think it is because sporty/sports are associated with competition and I am just not competitive that way. I really do not care about winning from somebody else in a match type way. I love conquering things, pushing myself to new heights, but the only competitor I accept and want to beat is me really.
- Over the years I am finding myself more and more attracted to nature and the environment. Marveling at evolution is progress and the changes is animal behaviour to suit the invasion into their territory by Homo sapiens. Not saying we should continue to do that, but the natural world too progresses in their own way.
- I am a sucker for knowledge really I am. I read on so many subjects and am interested in a wide variety of things. I am obnoxiously curious about everything and want to keep my head and hands busy. It is one thing in me that I hope to never lose.
- Not a surprise to most really, but I am a proud feminist. I think there is nothing a woman can’t do that a man can. Having said that I hate with a vengeance the pinkification that is thrown at girls these days. I have a policy not to buy any of that sickly sweet pink princessy crap that marketeers throw at girls for my nieces.
So I also decided to nominate 5 blogs that I didn’t nominate the previous time I received an award.
- jacquelinehanginginthere– We met last summer in Scotland. She is an awesome person, with a lot on her plate. She is not blogging as much as she used to and I do miss her blog and caring personality.
- Interiour stockholm– Always a delight to see her posts, There is not much other than wonder about the world around her. A concept I like. Your own imagination in effect is often the story she tells.
- I’d rather be in Iceland– Just reading the way she writes about the country makes me want to go there on a holiday.
- Your daughters will be next– I only recently started following this blog but I really like it. Fits in with part 7 of my ‘confessions’
- Glosswatch – humourless mummy, cuddly feminist (her words) similar to the previous one I started following these as some things are happening in feminism I really like and I like reading them.
So now onto notifying them and then writing the post I had in mind when I started this.