Two years ago we were in Scotland on a holiday. There we visited Shilasdair on the isle of Skye. I did buy some yarn there and it took me a while to decide what to do with it. In part this was because I was worried that I did not have enough, then too much, then that I was not good enough. Oh really all thoughts that come to mind to stall a project hurdled itself into my head. Mind you at the time I was busy with other projects that sort of decided to be more important or something.
Selecting a pattern turned out to be a major issue and then I decided on a pattern. It was lovely, to be knitted in one piece horizontally and with a leave pattern on the the front. I had enough yarn according to the pattern and there I was ready to start. Which I did not. Somehow all of a sudden I saw the intense summer blue and the leave pattern and thought. No this is not right, the two do not go together. In the end my trusted Filati came to the rescue again and I found a pattern I really really liked.
Now the front and back panel were quite easy, nothing too new, but the sleeves! I love a counting pattern but this was one that was on the edge of my knowledge. I persevered. Had to restart three times but I got there. I lowered the neckline a bit as I felt too high a collar would not suit me.In the end it was finished in about three months.
Well see for yourself I am very proud of the result.